Uttergloss Hootenanny

Do not forget to *enjoy* the *sauce*!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Books

Since voting just closed on this year's Hugos (I still think Spin will take it, but only because Anansi Boys was robbed of a nomination somehow), it's time to start thinking about who'll win next years prize. I recently read the two most likely current contenders, Rainbow's End and Glasshouse. Both were excellent books, although neither was so perfect as to make the choice easy. The Vinge didn't quite live up to its own promises, and the Stross reminded me more of Kaleidoscope Century than any enjoyable novel ought to...

What else will likely be rounding out the list? Well, I've heard good things about The Lies of Locke Lamora, which is on my immediate list. And I'm eagerly awaiting Three Days to Never. Beyond that, we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home