Uttergloss Hootenanny

Do not forget to *enjoy* the *sauce*!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Brief Comment on Steven King's Cell

Preface: I've actually never read The Stand.
But I just finished (the audiobook version) of Cell. And found it fairly compelling. Although, having read Dies the Fire and subscribed to the S. M. Stirling email list, I was constantly wondering about the lurking food production issues...although the numbers of surviving 'normies' are probably small enough that canned food would be an option, I don't see how the flocks could have every begun to survive the winter even without interference or degeneration...

Anyhow, if I can come up with a plausible scenario for the collapse of civilization that manages to leave the internet more-or-less intact, I'll probably try and write it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home